Tuesday, June 7, 2011

If a Tree Falls...

Driving...

So, you know that old question you get in philosophy classes, "If a tree falls in aforest when no one is around, does it make a sound?" I was just thinking about this as I was driving to my parents house to do laundry (thanks mom!) and I noticed about 1/4 of the people on the road used thier blinker to signal they were turning and/or cutting you off.  Why? Why don't people use their blinker anymore? I can understand if its just one person on a deserted highway, but in the city, there is ALWAYS somebody. 

I admit I do the occasional cut-off especially with people who are driving like idiots, but 1. its not that often and 2. I use my blinker, to warn them "hey I'm cutting you off now, don't do anything stupid kay?" I am more likely to be upset if someone cuts me off with no indication, rather then them putting on their blinker.  Think about it, if they put on their blinker you have a chance to slow down or break (or if you are evil, speed up) but people who don't use thier blinker are more likely to get into or cause an accident because they are lazy and the other is ignorant (what an excellent combo!)

Anyways, the moral of this blog is Yes! using your blinker does make a sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment